Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Omaha Food - Round 2

I've had a few CWS fans write in and tell me their favorites around Omaha and wanted to share them with you. Don't forget to check out ROUND 1 from last week for more food suggestions.

Pizza/Italian - La Casa Legendary Pizza and Pasta on Leavenworth. Thank you @cwelling

Burgers - How could I forget Stella's in Bellevue? I've been there, but that was before I could drive. You can't beat their burgers served on napkins. The place has been renovated, but from what I've been told the burgers are the same. Dig In!

BBQ - McKenna's Blues, Booze and BBQ on 72nd and Pacific. I've been here before and loved it. A cold beer and BBQ with some Blues...awesome! You can't beat it in Omaha.

For the best quick service BBQ hit a local favorite of mine, Harkert's.

Steak - Try Gorat's..it's an Omaha classic. If you're lucky, maybe you'll run into Warren Buffett, he says it's his favorite in Omaha.

Sushi - I'm open to suggestions here...remember you're in Beef Country!

French - The French Cafe in the Old Market. Perfect for that special night on the town with your sweetie.

Salad - Best signature salad in Omaha is the Grilled Chicken Salad at Sgt. Peffer's. I can't get enough of this. So much meat I'm not even sure it can be considered a salad. The dressing is killer! Don't forget to chase the salad with their excellent lasagna!

No comments:

Post a Comment